Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The paper chase is on!

I cannot believe how much paperwork in involved with this process. I am not complaining I just am overwhelmed to say the least! I just keep remembering the very special gift we will have in our arms at the end!

Here is a breakdown of what will be expected from us (everything in red is completed!!!!!)

Packet #1 -
*Application
*Statement of International Adoption Risks
*Acceptance of Adoption Risks, Limitation of Liability, Dispute Resolution
*General Agreement - NOTARIZED
*Blog guidelines
*Domestic Violence Statement
*Fee Sheet
*Program deposit check - well this just need to be written :)
*home-study review check - this too :)
*Intake and Gladney Approval
*Five Reference letters
*Gladney Medical Forms - we have appointments next week YAHOO

Packet #2 -
*Family Photographs
*Employment Verification Letters - NOTARIZED
*Proof of insurance letter - I am convinced the CSR's @ United Health do not speak the same language as me because they just do not seem to understand what I need :)
*Proof of Medical Insurance for the adopted child - see above
*Child preference profile
*HIV DNA PCR Form
*Copies of Birth Certificate
*Marriage License
*Copies of Drivers License
*Copies of Passport - waiting on these because I never changed my legal name on my passport after we got married

Packet #3 -
*Physician Reports - Both of us - NOTARIZED
*Criminal Clearances
*I600A Application
*Post Placement Agreement
*Two Notarized Home Studies
**nothing in this group can be done till our home-study! Good news is we picked a fantastic man who came highly recommended and we meet with him as soon as we get back from Maine

That is not including the Foreign Dossier :) We will save that for another post! I will admit that since I stopped working in a busy office this last year it has been wonderful making phone calls again, speaking with people, arguing with them when they just don't understand (which is more often then not!) and that feeling of accomplishment when finishing these tasks!

Here is a photo Eric snapped of me filing out and organizing the paperwork :)

No comments:

Post a Comment