Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2,517 Days Later........

So as to comply with that old adage of journalism "don't bury the lead" . . .  We received a referral for a beautiful baby girl, born just west of Addis Ababa on or about August 17th.

The call came late on Tuesday, October 29.  I had drifted off to sleep while Eric lay awake next to me reading.  I briefly opened my eyes and he casually mentioned that my phone had been ringing downstairs. I don't get many calls, especially at 10pm I immediately jumped up sure it was an emergency.  I went downstairs saw that the missed call was from Randi and was trying to listen to the voicemail while yelling to Eric "RANDI CALLED"!  I realized that the Ipad was downstairs....so down I went again.  Finally we called Randi back and she said the words we have waited so long to hear...."Congratualtions, it's a girl!"  We chatted for a few minutes and then got off the phone to just read over the documents and stare at the pictures we had.  I sometimes worried about what it would feel like to see her face for the first time, will I know this is our girl? . . .  OMG YES, she is the most beautiful little lady I have ever seen and we both fell in love immediately.  There was not much sleeping that night as we were just too excited, and couldn't wait to share the news with our family, who have been waiting as long as we have.

We cannot publicly share pictures until we officially become her parents but here is just a glimpse.

Now we wait for a call informing of that we have a court date in Ethiopia, just a few short months to go now, in fact a few weeks have already quickly passed.

Thank you to everyone who has walked beside us during this journey....we are almost at the finish line!


This song by Tracy Champan makes me think of our little lady in Ethiopia...


4 comments:

  1. So happy and excited for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is wonderful news! We got our referral on October 18 for a little girl. Maybe we'll be traveling around the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be neat! We are already wondering what to pack for the first trip! So overwhelming :) Congrats to you on your referral!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Such fantastic news for you guys! Can't wait to see her little face...

    ReplyDelete